Saturday 25 October 2008

Experimentation

Angel of Joy

You're joyous, caring and full of life! You love bright colours and have a mischievous nature, you can also cause a bit of trouble if you wanted to but reframe and enjoy the littlest things in life! You're one of the brightest coloured people ever, and everyone loves you, you bring brightness into people's lives and you're beautiful, whether it's mentally, physically or both!






That's me. How nice. How uncannily accurate from a Facebook application, the writers must be psychic. They can't, sadly, spell; I had a pedantic attack at it.

I, incidentally, despite being mostly cynical about everything, like the whole idea of angels. It's all very nice.

Experimentation here as to sensibleness with red wine consumption. Red wine and I are not usually very compatible, it makes me all, well, stupid. It also makes me think I love, actually love, would marry sort of love, pretty much everyone.

Amount of wine consumed: 1 large glass

Back later...

Later:

Hmm. This is not right, I have had one bottle of rather potent red wine, the first drink I have had other than a sniff of red wine last week, in FOUR MONTHS. I should be far, far more incapable. Instead I'm just feeling a bit blue and a bit of an oaf for alienating just about everyone.

Don't cry. Not pretty.

For no good reason, I just watched Halloween, which (unsurprisingly) I have not seen before. Whatalotofcack. Then I started to watch Jonathan Ross that was presumably repeated from last night, saw Daniel Craig (who has a very nice name) being all sort of dad-ly and despaired of my normal self. And the clocks went back and I didn't see the cool clock do it. Grr. It's ace, it winds forward 11 hours and I wasn't looking.

So, focus on current object of lust: the phone. Further investigations reveal that probably I do need an iPhone after all (and have now discovered how to write it). What I want it to do, it does best. Namely maps, email and iPlayer (is that spelt like that as well?).

They have them in both O2 shops and Carphone Warehouse. Sitting there. Out to touch. Noone thinks you're bonkers if you stroke it. Amazing. Quite lovely in fact. I typed a bit, it's astounding. How can a tiny little onscreen keyboard pick up your typing so well? Admittedly, I'm a bit handy with my thumbs due to being a bit gadget happy, but still, this was incredible. And maps, cool as. All superlative-d out now. Nokia have slightly confused the issue by promising the 5800, which looks pretty swish and Nokia-y. But I think i-player will swing it, and so the iPhone it will probably be. Although neither shop remotely tried to sell it to me today, which was disturbing. Decision re: camera - get a camera instead of the phone thing, the best camera phone is still crap compared to a camera. So birthday demandations consist of "that camera please", which I appear to be paying for myself, but hey, it's the thought that counts.

God, I bore myself sometimes. What are you doing here?

Amount of wine consumed: 1 bottle. It was very nice.

No comments: