Thursday 16 October 2008

Bloggage

To blog:
To write down thoughts, to make them readable for those that might like your thoughts, to find like minded folk.

In theory.

In actuality:
A place for people to judge, to take offence where amusement is intended, to take amusement where empathy was intended and for general superiority over the person you may or may not know because anyone can hide on the net.

Or not, if they're not very clever.

I don't need to have virtual people I don't know confirming all the fears I have about myself. I've been told I'm offensive, not amusing enough, not clever enough, not entertaining enough and not a good enough writer.

It's a blog. Just a blog. I'm not trying to make friends (because people generally suck), write a masterpiece, gain notoriety or be the official voice of blogdom. I just write down what I think. Which happens often, because I think a lot and am in the house bored out of my skull or not asleep when everyone else is. I don't actually want the thought police judging what I think, if that's all right with people. If you don't like it, here's a thought: don't read it. If I comment crap on your blog/website, then feel free to chastise, but this is mine.

What Wiki says:

Personal Blogs
The personal blog, an ongoing diary or commentary by an individual, is the traditional, most common blog. Personal bloggers usually take pride in their blog posts, even if their blog is never read by anyone but them. Blogs often become more than a way to just communicate; they become a way to reflect on life or works of art. Blogging can have a sentimental quality.
I'm not going to stop writing (no, really), although I've got a bit delete happy due to being a mentalist after midnight, but I'd appreciate if the critical could just bugger off and leave me to my thoughts. They're not written for you, they're written for me and occasionally partially for the people that are nice and don't just sneer in the background. I'm not very happy and I write utter drivel just cause it's in my head.

For the record, some people are very nice and I'm sorry for being a tit. I'll grow up one day, or get a job, or something.