Friday 3 October 2008

Self indulgent unintelligible muttering

I don't know what to do with myself today, despite the millions of things I should be doing, so I'm settling for staring at the computer mindlessly.

Jings, I do actually seem to be mindless. How can this have happened? I had one yesterday, or maybe it was the day before. What is your mind anyway, is it the same as your brain?

We'll see what Wiki says...

Mind collectively refers to the aspects of intellect and consciousness manifested as combinations of thought, perception, memory, emotion, will and imagination; mind is the stream of consciousness. It includes all of the brain's conscious processes. This denotation sometimes includes, in certain contexts, the working of the human unconscious or the conscious thoughts of animals. "Mind" is often used to refer especially to the thought processes of reason.

Well, there we go, and everyone knows that if Wiki says so, then it must be true.

So, do I have a mind?

Intellect. No, that's definitely gone.
Consciousness. Well, I'm awake. Not entirely sure if I am aware.
Combinations of thought:
Perception. Nope. None of that.
Memory. Ha! Ha! Like I know where my keys are.
Emotion. Ah, I have this one. Unfortunately it's set to random:

Situation: sad
Emotion: excited

Situation: joyful
Emotion: annoyed

I am going to go and see if I can perceive some intellectual things and then remember them. If anyone asks what I'm doing, I shall inform them I am perceiving. Then I shall laugh at them and go to sleep.

No comments: