Saturday 4 October 2008

Things that used to be easy #978,345: watching television

Well, my memory has deserted me for good. I miss it a bit.
I forgot to watch Buzzcocks. Because I'm not used to things being on at 9pm on Thursday? Because I don't like it? Or because I'm a mong? When I got a blatant reminder for next week's episode, the penny smashed into my consciousness and I found it on catchup.

Aaaah. That's better. Even though St Bill was off and was replaced by Mark Ronson. I'm sure I shouldn't like him, but I do. He's no Noel Fielding, but still, yup. I long for Phil Jupitus to be replaced by Noel Fielding, and to have Bill Bailey and Noel Fielding as the two captains. That's not going to happen given Jupitus' knowledge, and the fact that Bailey and Fielding are both as bonkers and surreal as each other and no sense would be uttered from start to end with them and Amstell.

Another programme I didn't watch was Merlin episode two. I recorded it and got round to watching it last night. I'm less impressed now, but I did enjoy it. Anthony Head is marvellous, I must have him round for coffee... Colin Morgan completely reminds me of Ralf Little (possibly influenced by his being the guest on Buzzcocks right before in my special schedule), compounded by Will Mellor playing a character and making my head go into Two Pints of Mead mode.

Finally, I could have sworn I watched the entirety of series two of Ugly Betty. I missed series one on the assumption that I wouldn't like it, then I somehow started watching the end and really liked it (at least in part for the presence of Daniel...). Channel 4 SEEMS to be showing series two, according to the schedules. But things are happening that are later on chronologically than what I was aware of having happened. Have I lost my mind or my capability to take things in? Ahhhhhh. Thank you Wiki (I should not rely on Wiki, this is a sign of my ever shrinking intelligence) apparently there was a big gap (of 9 months!) and the rest of Season (must not say series) 2 is now showing. And I didn't watch it and will have to catch up a month's worth. Sigh.

I remember the days when I watched TV when it was broadcast, or taped it. I think that's why my memory worked back then. I have no need to remember things now, technology does it for me. If I remember to set it up in the first place...

1 comment:

Stipey Sullivan said...

if it's any help, buzzcocks was a bit rubbish - though i only saw the second half so that didn't help. though stephen fry is on next week so that should be interesting...